A person’s authenticity can be measured by the passion and commitment they have for what they say and do. For sure, part of being authentic is standing up for what you believe in and speaking the truth as it seems to you, even if it is not what others want to hear.
However, the question is, authentic to what?
People can be committed to and passionate about lots of things, but this by itself is not enough. Authenticity is more than when someone believes in what they say or acts in a way that is consistent with their beliefs.
- Have realistic perceptions of reality.
- Are accepting of themselves and of other people.
- Are thoughtful.
- Have a non-hostile sense of humor.
- Are able to express their emotions freely and clearly.
- Are open to learning from their mistakes.
- Understand their motivations.
This is what is means to be true to oneself.
- Are self-deceptive and unrealistic in their perceptions of reality.
- Look to others for approval and to feel valued.
- Are judgemental of other people.
- Do not think things through clearly.
- Have a hostile sense of humor.
- Are unable to express their emotions freely and clearly.
- Are not open to learning from their mistakes.
- Do not understand their motivations.
Please join us by enrolling in this 12-Week Web-Based Program. With 12 weeks of content available online, you have the flexibility to move through it at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. All meetings will be online through online conferencing that can be accessed through phone or internet.
This 12-week program, including daily motivational videos, is only $120. To enroll, click on the paypal button below.
For questions, please contact Evon Davis at Admin @ EvonDavis.com (no spaces)